Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Md. Senate - Largest Remaining Hurdle To Same-Sex Marriage - Likely To Approve Bill

A majority of Maryland's state senators have said publicly that they will vote to legalize same-sex marriages, greatly increasing the odds that the highest-profile social legislation being considered by the General Assembly will pass in coming weeks.

In interviews Monday, two more senators said they intended to vote for the bill, increasing the number who have made such commitments to 24 - the bare majority needed for passage in the 47-member Senate - according to an ongoing Washington Post tally.

"I think it's the fair thing to do," said Sen. Katherine A. Klausmeier (D-Baltimore County), who said she had gone back and forth on the bill a few times. "I just weighed all the options. I think it's fairness."

READ MORE

7 comments:

nthsand said...

Glad I left Maryland...

Sara K. Weaver, MSW, MBA said...

@3:12 We're glad you left too

Drew said...

nthsand

You have a misplaced sense of pride.

nthsand said...

Not really, you will pay in the end... trust me... The morality of the world starts with the end of true biblical morals. Obviously you have none, I guess you believe we should let all the rehabilitated child molesters out of jail tomorrow too.

Your problem not mine now.

Unknown said...

One man One woman...if you stand for that then you are considered close minded!!!! Or homophobic! No one is "afraid" of homosexuals but allowing same sex marriages will open Pandora's box...where does it end? Men and boys....animal and human marriages...siblings??? Seems outlandish now but so did homosexuality a few years ago. I have the right to my Christian views but it seems okay to bash me for them.

nthsand said...

Does Sodom and Gomorrah mena anything to you. We as humans forget real history not the stuff schools what to include, but REAL history.

We are heading down the same road we have over and over again, and the in-moral want rights and make moral people have to live with it.

I choose not to, so I am labeled worst than most un-moral are. If you believe you are right, thats your choice but do not shove it down my throat. If you want to live in sin, thats fine we ALL sin some worst than others, dont force it upon me. I am not eating the apple.

Remember, when it is all said and done, when we answer for our mistakes in all religeons, YOU can not answer the final question You did not know it was wrong. You know in your heart, deep, deep down it is wrong. YOU Choose to be who you are and you will and we all will answer for our actions. Some will be forgiven, others will not.

What if I am right, and you are wrong?

EdenMan said...

You all need to get a life and stop judging others whom you disagree with.